Flex: Update – UMap WMS Custom Provider demo

I have updated the original WMS provider demo for AFComponents UMap Flex map control.

IFrame Map App

This uses the latest version as of today 2nd August 2008, version 1.1.

There are a few changes to the demo.

Right click to view/download the source code.

Comments

6 Responses to “Flex: Update – UMap WMS Custom Provider demo”

1. jatorre on August 7th, 2008 6:10 pm

Here is an example of the same Class but for Google Maps for Flash:

2. Administrator on August 10th, 2008 10:50 pm

Nice one Javier. Really great that you got this working for the Flash Google Map.

Al.

3. Nick on October 3rd, 2008 12:22 pm

Hi,

This is really great example. I downloaded it and I am quite impressed.

I would have a questions (which is a favor actualy).

Would you be able to release a simple version of the same example :
    Just the umap and one WMS provider (http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wms with tiger:poly_landmarks,tiger:tiger_roads)

Thanks

4. Administrator on October 3rd, 2008 11:23 pm

Hello Nick,

I assume you are talking about a locally served instance of the tiger map data? Please confirm.

That’s doable although I haven’t tried it.

Geoserver will let you do this. I am not an expert on that but I have used it with other map data. I’m not sure I can be of much help over the existing documentation but with regards to the WMS layer ask away!

Al.

5. Nick on October 5th, 2008 2:50 pm

Geoserver is 100 percent compliant with WMS so it should work exactly the same as in your example. But for example when I trace the url in your example I can’t see in the WMS request the BBOX parameter which is needed.

I was just wondering if you would have a simpler source of your work ( with just the component and the new tileLayer.)

Thanks a lot.
    Nick

6. Administrator on October 8th, 2008 10:29 pm

Hi Nick,

If you want to alter the WMS url you can change the parameters in the “WMSTileLayer.as” file.

I more straighforward example is the traffic demo (I think) here:

This uses the BBOX parameter against a ‘EPSG:4326’ type source.

I hope this helps. Feel free to email me directly if you are still having problems. I will try to help in any way I can.

Al.