Flex: IFrame 1.3.4

I am very pleased to announce that there is a new version of the Flex IFrame. This is the work of Julien Nicoulaud . Julien works on the open-source project OW2 JASMINe which uses the IFrame as part of a sub-project Kerneos.

As well as bringing his own additions to the code he has brought together the many fixes posted on the issues sections of the Google code page. Also, (as if that wasn’t enough) he has re-factored the codebase and added comments and documentation plus added some amazing new examples. There is also a new Google group where users can discuss the component here.

I had a look over the code on Friday and was really impressed at how much it was improved. I have been lax at keeping the code up to date and Julien has made an completely fantastic job of it.

Many many thanks to Julien for taking this on.

Comments

10 Responses to “Flex: IFrame 1.3.4”

1. Julien N on October 20th, 2009 3:50 pm

Wow ! Thanks, but it wasn’t that much =)
    Maybe one day Adobe will look at the downloads count of this project and reconsider seriously to provide as real solution for embedding web pages in Flex 😉

2. Mathias Halsdorf on December 3rd, 2009 10:41 pm

Very nice tool. Useful / essential for a study project of mine.

3. Mathias Halsdorf on December 3rd, 2009 10:45 pm

Sorry, wrong category 🙂 I meant the SPARQL-Browser for flex.

4. Administrator on February 1st, 2010 11:12 am

Mathias, Your welcome.

5. Projjwal Sengupta on November 7th, 2010 4:52 pm

Hi

First of all thank you to you for this cool script . Its working perfectly in my test application . but i am getting a problem now . i want to get the source url . Suppose i have a page with two links . when i click the links its going to that page its perfect . but i want to access the new opened page’s url from actionscript . I tried for last few days but no luck . Is it possilbe to access the visited page’s url from actionscript ?

6. Administrator on November 22nd, 2010 12:22 am

Projjwal, I don’t know of a way to do this (and your not the first to ask). You might have more luck with this question on the forum associated with the google code page. Developers who have used the iframe hang out there and someone might have an idea or have got this working.

7. chris on November 29th, 2010 9:22 pm

Nice work…thanks! Unfortunately, I’m running into a little trouble when switching between viewstacks with the ToggleButtonBar control. I have the iframe in one view and then when I toggle to another view, the iframe isn’t hidden. My guess is that the required event isn’t fired when the viewstack changes. Any suggestions?

8. Administrator on November 30th, 2010 2:29 pm

Chris, the iframe watches the viewstack for changes and attempts to catch when it is no longer visible so it should (in theory) handle this. Always my first guess when the frame isn’t hiding is that you haven’t set the wmode=”opaque” flag. If you haven’t read the FAQ then do so now. Otherwise I would add an event handler as try to do what you are suggesting. I’ve had the most success in these situations with using tabs to hold the relevant view. Anyway if none of this works then post your issue on the forum linked-to on the project page.

9. Prakash on July 1st, 2014 6:08 am

Hi,

First of all thanks for work. Currently I am working on a project where we need to pass very long URL string which does not work on IE, but works on Firefox.

Is there a way in Flex IFrame to work with POST method.

10. admin on July 7th, 2014 11:07 am

You are probably best to raise an issue on the github for your specific issue.